We believe every baby should have a fair start in life, no matter where they are born.
Our mission is to fund the care of orphaned and abandoned babies and children around the world.
Watch our 2 minute video explaining why we began and how our profit helps orphaned children:
Why we began
When I had my son, watching children’s charities’ adverts and reading articles about the hardship children face all around the world, took on new depth of meaning. The tears in my eyes, the lump in my throat, the feeling in my heart became stronger than ever before. Becoming a parent drove me to do more than feel sorry for these children.
I asked the question, why aren’t charities selling baby clothes and using the profit to fund their work? I couldn’t find a good answer, so I decided to do it myself.
I have always been interested in the role of social enterprise and corporate social responsibility. I thought to myself, if I can buy a beautiful baby product, for great value, with great customer service, plus the profit goes to helping other babies (rather than a private owner), why would I buy it anywhere else? The answer is I wouldn’t!
So I set up from babies with love to offer more; beautiful baby clothes plus a heart warming feeling knowing that your purchase is helping other, less fortunate babies, have the fair start in life I believe they deserve.
I hope you enjoy your purchases and the wonderful stories about the difference they are making!
We are not an ordinary company; we’re a social enterprise. We give 100% of profit to charity. We’re run by professional volunteers who don’t receive any salary or benefits.
We will always work:
- for the benefit of others
- in partnership to create change
- with respect for people and the environment
- with a generous spirit and in an open and fun way
We will only sell organic products because we believe organic is best. Read more
We work hard to minimise our negative environmental impact and maximise our positive social impact. Find out more about what we're doing and what you can to help. Read more
Meet the team
Our team is made up of our Board of Trustees and Operations Team, we all provide our time and expertise as volunteers. Click here for a short introduction to who we are.
A big thank you to our amazing supporters
We have received a huge amount of support from generous people and companies that believe in what we’re doing. We would like to extend an enormous heart felt thank you to them all. Their support means we make more profit and help more orphaned and abandoned babies and children. Thank you - so much - to:
- Brilliant designers Antony Green and Susan Neil for the design of our logo and website - www.ideology.uk.com
- Our wonderful honary solicitors, Tom Scourfield, Alex Bowtell, Hannah Curtis and Sam Dames at Cameron McKenna LLP - www.cms-cmck.com
- Incredibly talented writer and communications wizard, Laura Smith, for helping draft our communication strategy and brand advice
- Three totally amazing photographers: Adam Riley (www.adamrileyphotography.com) for the beautiful pictures of our baby models, Dave Hartnup at mepictureyou (www.mepictureyou.com) and Michael Morris for the brilliant photos of all our products
- Meryl Davies, Lottie Riddle and Florence Phiri at SOS Children for their partnership and all the moving stories and pictures about our babies and nurseries they enable us to share with you - www.soschildren.org
- Gary Hawkes, incredibly creative and wise designer at GoodGary, for the design of our printed materials, including our beautiful gift cards, swing tags and postal bags - goodgary.co.uk
- Martin Boyle and Kelly Palmer at iCandyUK for their advice and support with PR - www.icandyuk.com
- Kate Nixon and Karthi Gnanasegaram for helping produce video materials
- James Clarke, for helping clarify our key messages in our communications
- Pete Dewar at The Clearing for his wise words on brand development - www.theclearing.co.uk
- All the mums and people in our customer focus groups, for helping us select our products, we hope you like them too!
- My husband, all the family and friends who have made from babies with love possible, for their encouragement, support and babysitting!
Back to our homepage